Here are some of the relevant travel news headlines and stories from the previous week:
- Oneworld Alliance adds new member – Oneworld, one of the big 3 airline alliances, has officially added Malaysia Airlines to their roster. (USA Today)
- Brussels Airlines gains second U.S. destination – Brussels Airlines, a subsidiary of Lufthansa, adds the U.S. capital to New York City with Washington D.C.’s Dulles airport now being served. (Aviation.ca)
- Who’s flying this plane? – Dutch carrier Transavia’s pilot left the cockpit only to return and find himself locked out; meanwhile, his copilot was asleep. (CNN)
- Pro surfer breaks new record - Garrett McNamara, known as Gmac to some, broke a record off the coast of Nazaré, Portugal, when he caught a wave that was estimated to be about 100 feet high. (Discovery)
- Google adds Grand Canyon to Street View – Google’s popular Street View portion of its Maps app has added the Grand Canyon to its virtual accessibility. (BBC Travel)
Also, check out this interactive infographic for cities to go in Europe and northern Africa. Just pick the month, average hours of sunlight, and min/max temperature, and the map narrows it down!