Here are some of the relevant travel news headlines and stories from the previous week through today:
- Passengers urged to pass gas – A new study says that it is preferred for travelers to fart mid-flight. (News 24)
- US officials put LGBT travelers in spotlight – LGBT travelers are being focused on by the State Department, hoping to better inform such travelers of certain relevant and related travel issues. (BBC)
- New York City has 6 of 10 best restaurants in US – A survey found that New York City is still the ultimate culinary destination and proving ground, with 6 of the top 10 restaurants located in the Big Apple. Another one of the top 10 (#7) is located just north of New York City. (Reuters)
- Diamond heist at Belgium airport- Jewel thieves pulled off a major heist on the tarmac of Brussels International Airport, valued at over $50 million USD. (NYTimes)
- Estonia converts to electric vehicles – Estonia has become the first country to embrace electric vehicles by building a nationwide network of charging stations. (Reuters)
*Photo is of Le Bernardin, rated #3 of the 10 best restaurants to eat in the U.S. Taken from le-bernardin.com.