World Nomads is an Australian-based company that opened its doors in 2002. They offer great rates on travel insurance coverage, and are recommended by Lonely Planet, Nat Geo Adventures, i-to-i, HostelBookers.com, BootsnAll, and the Youth Hostel Association, among others. To learn more about World Nomads, click here.
You can buy, extend and claim online even after you’ve left home.
Recommended by Lonely Planet, World Nomads travel insurance is available to people from over 150 countries and is designed for adventurous travellers with cover for overseas medical, evacuation, baggage and a range of adventure sports and activities.
Buy, extend and claim online, even while travelling.
Get a quote »
Brought to you by:
World Nomads Travel Insurance* can cover you this holiday season if:
- You plan to hit the slopes or brush up your dog sledding skills.World Nomads travel insurance aims to keep you traveling safely. Our travel insurance is designed for adventurous travelers and covers most adventure sports worldwide including skiing, snowboarding, ice skating and dog sledding.
- Your snowboard arrives in two pieces instead of one.If you are planning an active holiday, you’ll probably need to bring your gear. If your sporting equipment is lost, damaged or stolen while travelling, World Nomads can cover the costs to replace or repair it.
- Your skiing adventure ends in a sprained ankle (or all of that holiday family bonding leads to a coronary).Accidents happen when you least expect them to. With World Nomads, you can be covered abroad for medical treatment of any sudden and unexpected injuries or illnesses during your trip.
- The Grinch steals your iPod.Make sure your new holiday gadgets return home with you. High value items such as jewelry, cameras, computers and other electronic equipment can be covered if lost, stolen or broken while traveling.
- Your suitcase filled with reindeer sweaters for the whole family goes missing.During the holiday travel rush, baggage is more susceptible to getting lost, stolen or damaged en route to your destination. If your holiday gifts don’t quite make the journey, we can reimburse you for your luggage value.
- Another volcano with an unpronounceable name prevents you from attending your 10 year ‘Hikers are Hellcats’ Reunion.If your trip is canceled before you leave, or is interrupted after you’ve left, we can reimburse your cancellation costs (this can be for health, death, quarantine, transport and accommodation, legal, environment, canceled services, politics and violence, terrorism, work and U.S Armed Forces).
- You met someone special under the mistletoe.Had a change in plans? Continue the holiday merriment by extending your World Nomads policy easily online 27/4 from anywhere in the world.
Take it easy on the eggnog this holiday season. World Nomads does not cover you for anything that happens while under the influence of alcohol.
World Nomads Travel Insurance is available to residents of 150 countries. You can buy, exten and claim online, even while travelling.
*World Nomads policies differ depending on your country of residence. Please read your policy wording carefully for the full terms and conditions of your policy to make sure it is right for your holiday. Make sure you read the sections on what’s not covered to make sure you understand the exclusions, conditions and limitations to cover.
- Trusted reliable underwritersWorldNomads.com is backed by a suite of strong, secure, specialist travel insurers who provide you with great cover, 24 hour emergency assistance and the highest levels of support and claims management when you need it most.
- Value for money with the cover you needWorldNomads.com provides cover for what’s important for travellers from over 150 countries. By focussing on what you need and leaving out what you don’t, World Nomads prices are some of the most competitive online.
- Flexibility when you need it mostHad a change of plans? You can extend your policy indefinitely or claim online while you are still away. You can even buy a World Nomads policy if you’re already travelling.
- Cover for a range of adventure activitiesFrom skiing & snowboarding in New Zealand to whitewater rafting in Colorado, WorldNomads.com covers a range of adventure activities, giving you peace of mind to get the most from your travels.
- World Nomads keeps you travelling safelyAll WorldNomads.com members have access to up-to-date travel safety alerts, as well as travel safety advice and tips online through the World Nomads Travel Safety Hub.
- More than just great value travel insuranceAll WorldNomads.com members can learn the local lingo through a series of iPod & iPhone Language Guides and can stay in touch with family and friends with an online travel journal.
- Commitment to exceptional customer serviceWe want to make sure you get the most from WorldNomads.com. You can find out more about what is covered and the 5 key parts of a World Nomads’ travel insurance policy. If you have any questions about your travel insurance or travel safety in general, please contact WorldNomads.com directly.
Here are a few things to consider when choosing your insurance to make sure that you will be covered on your adventure:
- Cancellation: It’s no fun if you fall ill before you leave and can not go on your trip. To claim though, you have to buy your insurance policy when you buy your trip. Not all insurance policies cover cancellation, so please read the policy wording relevant to you carefully.
- Lost or Stolen Gear: most travel insurance policies have a per-item value limit – make sure its high enough to cover your gear or choose a policy that allows you to increase the limit.
- Medical expenses over and above evacuation: check that your cover includes emergency treatment while away and transport to bring you home – remembering that insurance providers will usually insist on getting you home as soon as you are fit enough to travel.
- Adventurous Activities: look carefully at what your policy covers – you may find that you are not covered to do all of the adventurous activities that you are planning while you’re away.
- Personal Liability: Accidents happen. If it’s found to be your fault and someone decides to sue you, you want to be covered.
- Is it safe to go there? Make sure you check the your Government’s Travel Warnings and keep up to date with the latest travel safety advice on the road. You may not be covered if you choose to go to a place affected by war, terrorism, civil unrest or environmental disasters (like volcanoes, earthquakes, floods) and other major events where you may be at risk.
- Do I need Travel Insurance? Believe us, when you travel, things can – and do – go wrong when you least expect it. Adequate travel insurance helps to protect you (and your bank balance). If you’re still not sure, read this.
- Who can buy it? World Nomads Travel Insurance is available to residents of over 150 countries.
- What if I change my mind? Had a change of travel plans? Unlike other policies, World Nomads is flexible and allows you to extend your policy while you are still travelling.
- What activities are covered? World Nomads cover most adventure sports from bungee jumping in New Zealand to white-water rafting in Colorado.
Our preferred travel insurance partner, WorldNomads.com keeps you travelling safely. They cover residents from over 150 countries and you can buy, extend and claim, even while travelling. Here are some reasons to buy travel insurance with World Nomads:
- Save money - By focussing on what you need and leaving out what you don’t, WorldNomads.com prices are some of the most competitive online.
With travel insurance that’s made for independent and adventurous travellers, their insurance includes what’s important: overseas medical, evacuation, baggage and cover for a range of adventure sports.
- Stay flexible - Did you leave home without insurance ? Had a change of plans or your cover has expired? With WorldNomads.com, you can buy travel insurance, extend your policy or claim online, 24/7, even while travelling.
- Be adventurous - From skiing & snowboarding in New Zealand to whitewater rafting in Colorado, WorldNomads.com covers a range of adventure activities, giving you peace of mind to get the most from your travels.
- Get help when you need it most - WorldNomads.com is backed by a suite of strong, secure, specialist travel insurers who provide you with great cover, 24 hour emergency assistance and the highest levels of support and claims management when you need it most.
- Stay safe on the road - All WorldNomads.com members have access to up-to-date travel safety alerts, as well as travel safety advice and tips online through the WorldNomads.com Travel Safety Hub.
- Flirt in 25 languages and stay in touch - Get all the best phrases in the local lingo with WorldNomads.com’s series of iPod & iPhone Language Guides. They’ll help you stay in touch with family and friends with a free travel blog.
- Make a difference when you travel - When you buy a policy from WorldNomads.com you can help make a difference to developing communities. Your small donation helps fund local projects through the WorldNomads.com Footprints program.
PLEASE NOTE: Be aware, travel insurance policies may have restrictions on cover relating to regions affected by war, terrorism, civil unrest and weather.
Make sure you check the travel advice provided by your government’s department of foreign affairs and stay abreast of current events within the mass media while travelling. You must observe any advice provided, as your policy may only cover you if an area is deemed safe to travel by a government’s department of foreign affairs. You may not be covered by your travel insurance if advice is give as “do not travel” or restricted to “all but essential travel” in the region you intend to visit. You may also not be covered if you place yourself at risk or if specific advice was issued prior to purchasing your policy.
Please refer to your specific policy wording for more details on any limitations or exclusions to your cover. Should you have any further concerns, please contact WorldNomads.com.
Get the latest professional travel advice on hundreds of destinations.
Join World Nomads Travel Safety Hub
Travel safety hub:
- 6 tips for Travel Health – before you go
- Do I need Travel Insurance?
- Your personal medical kit
- 8 tips for staying healthy on the road
- Travel scam 101
- Scams – the advanced course
When you travel to far out places you often receive generous and gracious hospitality from local people, even when they don’t have much themselves.
We believe, we have a moral obligation to give something back to the people who live in the communities that we visit. It is simply the right thing to do to help people who struggle with basic needs for food, water, housing, health and safety.
How? We support WorldNomads.com Footprints program to fund local community projects to end poverty.
You can help too!
When you buy travel insurance through WorldNomads.com, simply choose a project to support, and we will also donate x% to the same project. Simply use this promotional code, when you get a quote and your small donation will have a positive effect on this community.
Since 2007, WorldNomads.com and our customers have funded 300 sight-saving surgeries, built a primary school and repaired another, trained over 200 teachers and helped 40 kids get through school, gave a whole village solar-lighting, installed water and sanitation facilities in 3 schools and 2 villages, provided educational supplies in 4 schools and medicines to 3 communities and 4 orphanages, helped create two kitchen gardens and buy 300 egg-laying chickens, built capture fog-nets for fresh drinking water and provided a safe-home for girls of sex workers.
FIND OUT HOW