Here are some of the relevant travel news headlines and stories from the previous week through today:
- New finding at Stonehenge changes previous theories – 5 previously undiscovered or poorly understood monuments lie hidden under the ancient stone monument, including a newly-found, ancient trough that bisects the East-West ditch known as “Cursus.” (HuffPo)
- SpaceX rocket explodes in test – In a test flight, an unmanned rocket launched by Elon Musk’s SpaceX company exploded after an “anomaly” was discovered in McGregor, Texas. (QZ)
- Delta drops duty-free business – Duty-free offerings have been a staple on international flights for time immemorial, but Delta Airlines has dropped theirs for the moment due to disagreements with its vendor. (Skift)
- Malaysia Airlines to cut workforce – In a survival move, the incident-plagued airline is cutting up to a fifth of its work staff. (NYT)
- Flight grounded over mid-air altercation – In a fight between a man and a woman on a UA flight this week, the Knee Defender device was spotlighted as a target for the ire of the flying public. (DJ, previously)
- Ryanair launches business class service – The penny-pinching budget airline of Europe has rolled out its new business class, to the skepticism of many. (Fortune)
Our sister site, Shishek Travel Tools, just recently launched! Check it out for some free language guides, hospitality industry information, and other travel tools and resources.
Also, we’ve completely revamped our other sister site, Everywhere Fare; head over there for only authentic and traditional recipes from cultures, countries, and cuisines from all over the world.