Here are some of the relevant travel news headlines and stories from the previous week through today:
- NZ considering flag change – New Zealand will hold a referendum in 2016 as it considers whether or not to change the national flag. (BBC)
- New WTC Observatory sets pricing – Though still a ways off from opening, One World Trade Center of New York City, the tallest building in the Western Hemisphere, has revealed what the observatory on its 100+ floors would probably look like, along with initial pricing of $32 when it accepts its first visitors in spring, 2015. (Curbed NY)
- NYC bike share looks to expand – New York’s Citibike program plans to double in size by 2017, gaining territory into “Long Island City, northern Williamsburg, Greenpoint, and further into Bedford-Stuyvesant in Brooklyn.” (Skift)
- Myanmar to get new $1.4bn airport – A consortium led by Singapore’s Yongnam Holdings Ltd. won a $1.4 billion contract to build the airport in Myanmar’s Yangon area. (Bloomberg)
- UA to add NYC to Newcastle route – United Airlines will add a seasonal nonstop service from Newark, NJ to the English city of Newcastle in spring of 2015. (USA Today)
Our sister site, Shishek Travel Tools, just recently launched! Check it out for some free language guides, hospitality industry information, and other travel tools and resources.
Also, we’ve completely revamped our other sister site, Everywhere Fare; head over there for only authentic and traditional recipes from cultures, countries, and cuisines from all over the world.