Here are some of the relevant travel news headlines and stories from the previous week through today:
- New Whitney NYC museum finally has open date – The famous Whitney Museum of American Art will open in its new Renzo Piano-designed space in Manhattan’s meatpacking district on May 1. (NYT)
- Wizz Air may shut Ukrainian unit – With Ukraine’s tougher ownership rules, the Hungarian budget carrier may be forced to close its Ukrainian operations. (Bloomberg)
- United, Orbitz sue hidden-city site – Skiplagged.com’s founder is being sued by the two industry giants for helping customers find cheaper flights via hidden-city ticketing. (Consumerist)
- United announces revamped terminal at EWR – The airline will spend about $120 million to revamp its terminal in their Jersey hub, offering new tech and food options along the way. (USA Today)
- NYC will soon be home to world’s largest free city wifi – New York City has selected 5 companies to convert thousands of outdated payphones around the city into wifi hubs that would provide free, fast internet. (Forbes)
Our sister site, Shishek Travel Tools, just recently launched! Check it out for some free language guides, hospitality industry information, and other travel tools and resources.
Also, we’ve completely revamped our other sister site, Everywhere Fare; head over there for only authentic and traditional recipes from cultures, countries, and cuisines from all over the world.